1) Sachs on Acemoglu & Robinson on Sachs on Acemoglu & Robinson
2) “It is crucial that scientists sound a more realistic, more desperate, note on global warming.” - Jeremy Grantham. Yes, that Jeremy Grantham. (via Paul Armsworth) - update: and Vaclav Smil responds.
3) Applications for next October's DISCCRS VIII Interdisciplinary Climate Change Research Symposium in Colorado are now open
4) Knowing Where and How Criminal Organizations Operate Using Web Content (via Gordon McCord)
5) Google is using drones to help hunt rhino poachers (via Dave Pell)
6) Is Corruption in China 'Out of Control'? A Comparison with the U.S. In Historical Perspective (via Andres Marroquin)