1) Maxing out lifetime insurance coverage in one year: a personal appeal from a Ph.D. student in sustainability at ASU
2) "Casual empiricism suggests that deceptive advertising about product quality is prevalent..." (NBER working paper, great natural experiment)
3) "Mom, where do atmospheric data come from?"
4) Net worth of presidents and the problem of capture
5) Satellite photos of the world's largest slums
6) A Legal Defense Fund for Climate Scientists
7) Acemoglu and Robinson are blogging (via MR)